So when my husband heard I had to have surgery, his first response was....
"I am still going to Indy!"
I had to laugh and say, "Of course you are honey."
Although I am completely heartbroken, all my boys just drove out of our driveway for Indy without me.
Oh how I wish I could have gone along too!! However, doctor told me today that I am having some problems with the recovery stages of my surgery and I am stuck in bed for another 2 weeks. YUCK!!
We can NOT let the guys have all the fun! We need our own race.
Ladies and Gentlemen.... Get Ready to Start Your Sewing Engines!!
This Sunday, May 29th, when those Indy Cars start racing... we are going to have our own race... a Jelly Roll Race!! (Thank you know who and you know who which I will post on race day *wink*) No peeking!!
1 Jelly Roll
I know you have a Jelly Roll sitting around the house that you just can't seem to find the right fit for. It has been waiting ever so patiently for you to pull it out and play with it.
This weekend... it is time to play!
PLUS... there are going to be PRIZES. You know how much I love to give away some prizes. (I hope you are entered into our current super duper giveaway too)
We will be giving away prizes here on our blog just for helping us spread the word AND we will pick 3 random winners from those who complete the Jelly Roll Race within the time specified.
Easy as pie right?
**Updated** Slammmmmmmmmmm on the brakes!!
Don't have an extra Jelly Roll? No problem! Create your own :) Cut 42 Strips 2.5" x 44"
So here is how it will work:
- Tomorrow I will be posting your pre-race prep work.
- The official Jelly Roll Race will kick off at 12:00 PM Eastern
- The full directions for the race (quilt top pattern) will be posted on our blog 10 minutes prior to start time.
- You will have
12 hours24 hours to complete your assignment. The fastest time completed was 35 minutes so you will have PLENTY of time to make the finish line. Got a party to go to during the day? Race at night! Anyone can enter this race!
**Updated** Changed to 24 hours so we can fit in all time zones :))
- After you complete your quilt top, snap a picture, upload it to our Flickr Group, and post the link on our blog - WE WILL HAVE A SPECIFIC POST FOR POSTING PICTURES.
And to help you finish up your quilt and make it absolutely beautiful, we are having a HUGE Sale this Memorial weekend...
Take an extra 10% off your ENTIRE purchase of $50 or more using coupon code memorial
Our prices are already marked down 20%-30% off and now you get an EXTRA 10% off :)
Make sure to grab up the fabric you need for backing and binding!! We have a large selection of Bella Solids in stock and with your coupon code; it's about $5 a yard. That is an awesome price.
PLUS - Well... I got in some really amazing goodies. You know how much I love to put goodies in your orders? Well... I just received a HUGE box of brand new goodies. I had completely ran out and this is a HUGE box!! *gigglin*
I love sharing :)
Speaking of sharing... let's get our first part of this contest going. Let's spread the word about our Jelly Roll Race!!
Here is how to help and 5 chances to enter the first part of our giveaway:
1. Leave 1 comment by answering the following question - What do you think about the Jelly Roll Race?
2. If you decide to follow our blog (left column under what's new) or you already do follow us, leave us another comment letting us know you have.
3. If you spread the word about our Jelly Roll Race on Twitter, leave another comment with your Twitter name.
4. If you pass on the information on Facebook, leave another comment.
5. If you blog about our giveaway, leave another comment with a link to your blog.
There you go, 5 chances to win.
Good luck everyone and let's get ready to race!!!
P.S. Make sure your pit crew has your sewing machine nice and clean for race day :)